The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information through the business and while you browse or use this website.
If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this website, and or refrain from submitting your personal data to us.
Key principles of GDPR:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Carnoustie Farm Shop.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: Certificate, Reference number: ZA561333.
- We do not collect and process any personal data for purposes other than answering the question.
- We do not disclose personal data to third parties, and I don’t advertise products by e-mail.
- Personal data can be processed via the forms available on the website:
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our website. The non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our website, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. We collect statistical information using tools compliant with the GDPR.
Lawful basis: Consent
Where our purpose for processing is: responding to a message sent using the contact form.
Which is necessary because: because we are obliged to respond to the received message.
We process your information in the following ways: We will store your data in the service’s mailbox and use it when sending a reply
Data retention period: personal data is stored for the period necessary to respond to the message, and after this period for the limitation period for any claims.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties. / The recipients of the data are also entities providing hosting and website services, as well as entities authorized to receive data on the basis of legal provisions.
The website has blocked the user registration function.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object;
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR. To do this, contact the site administrator via the contact form.
So-called cookies “Cookies” are IT data, mainly small text files that are stored on the User’s end device. Cookies are used to facilitate the use of websites, among others to maintain the session. In addition, they are used for end device recognition and optimization to properly display the web page on each end device.
Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they originate, storage time in the end device and a unique number.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
By default, web browsers allow cookies to be stored on the User’s end device. You can change your cookie settings in your web browser settings to block or limit cookies. Detailed information on how to block cookies is available in the settings of your web browser.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Last modification was made 14 December 2020.
Proof of Consent
Resources & further information